One of my biggest frustrations in life is places that aren’t “dog friendly”. I understand there’s rules and laws and not everyone loves dogs, but lets be honest, anyone with a soul loves dogs and the world is better when dogs are around. Am I right? I’m right.
Whoever invented the concept of a dog beach needs to be given an award.
Like a really really big award.
What do you have to do to win the nobel prize?
Invent a dog beach?
In that case, ding ding ding! We have a winner!
Venice Beach is not quite as dreamy as Siesta Key Beach, but it’s closer to where we live, has a snack shack and indoor plumbing so it’s quality in my book.
A little ways down the beach from one of my favorite places to eat is a little slice of heaven I like to call “the Dog Beach” and when I say I like to call it the “Dog Beach” I mean it’s actually called “the Dog Beach”.
If your a dog nerd like me, the heavens are opening up, a bright light is shining down and “hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah” is now playing in your head.Basically what you do is you show up, you put your beach chair in the sand, you sit down, you crack open the beer that your brought (can, no glass allowed), and you let your dog run around and play with all the other dogs. And that’s it! Considering Gatsby thinks all water is flesh eating acid, he stays clear of actually getting into the ocean and just sticks to peeing on every pile of sand and sniffing the butts of every dog on the beach. And the best news is that even if you don’t have a dog and just want to go to creep on dogs that you wish you owned you can do that cause there’s always so many dogs there people won’t even know you don’t have a dog!But seriously, Brohard Paw Park has become one of my favorite spots since moving to Florida.
Of course, Gatsby agrees.
- Brohard Paw Park is located at: 1600 Harbor Dr S, Venice, FL 34285
- It is just down the beach from the Venice Pier and Sharky’s.
- The front of the dog park is a fenced in play area, with two separate sections: one for large dogs, and one for smaller dogs.
- At the back of the play yard is a gate and fenced in walk-way that will lead you to the dog beach.
- The dog beach is an open area with no fences and no separation of large dogs from small dogs.
- As with any dog park, picking up #2’s is required (and just common courtesy)
- The park provides poop bags and garbage cans
- Brohard Paw Park is open daily from 7 a.m. to dusk.