I am jazzed to be dropping a fresh episode of the Candidly Speaking Podcast – especially since my good friend, Meredith Dean is my guest!
Meredith was one of the first people connected with when I first moved to Charlotte. We met in such a random way, but it has turned into a beautiful friendship and I am so lucky to have her as a part of my circle.
We talk about sooooo many good things in this episode so I’m going to keep this intro short so we can get to the episode. I hope you guys enjoy!
A real quick note: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- I give a brief life update and introduce today’s guest
- Meredith tells us about herself and all of the different hats she wears
- Tells us what it was like moving to NYC straight out of college and why she eventually decided to move Charlotte
- Shares what it’s like combining her talent for media with her love for children at Seacrest Studios
- Gives us the deets on her thriving side hustle – The Deans List
- We discuss the importance of having an online portfolio – no matter what industry you’re in
- Meredith shares why she decided to pursue a career media
- Gives her advice for college students wanting to get into the media industry
- Tells us what HER dream job is and where she sees herself in the future
- We end the show with 10 quick hitting questions
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Seacrest Studios at Levine Children’s Hospital
- Ryan Seacrest Foundation
- Deborah Norville – Inside Edition
- Derek Hough
- Julianne Hough
- Luke Bryan
- The Dean’s List
- University of Georgia
- Lolly Pop Moments Ted Talk
- Dean’s List Jeffersonian Dinners
- Lean In by Cheryl Sandberg
- Meredith on Instagram: @merenator
- The Deans List on Instagram: @mydeanslist
- Meredith on Twitter: @merenator
- Meredith’s Website: www.meredithdean.com
- Me on Instagram: carrie.gillaspie
- Me on Twitter: CarrieGillaspie
- Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
- Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for MaryAnn that we didn’t cover in this show OR if you have a question for Carrie you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or slide in my DMs!