Welcome to episode 022 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
A real quick note: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Carrie and Breanna share what they’re doing with their Monday nights now that the Bachelor is in-between seasons.
- Reminiscing on when they first heard about and got a Facebook account.
- The Powerball winner being from Wisconsin AND how in Wisconsin the winner, by law, cannot remain anonymous.
- Cardi B admitting to drugging and robbing men to get by.
- Struggles with being a feminist
- Society having a tendency to be an “over-correcting” society.
- Criminal charges being dropped against Jussie Smollett
- Questioning if there’s a double standard for people with fame and money.
- In the Learning Lately segment, Carrie shares how recently watching a documentary has made her realized living a life with purpose and passion isn’t always easy.
- In the Ask Carrie segment the girls tackle the topic of anxiety and share how they handle anxiety in their lives.
Mentioned in this Episode
- The Bachelor
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- The Social Network
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Cardi B Admits to Drugging and Robbing Men
- Shonda Rimes
- Jussie Smollett Felony Charges Dropped
- Lori Loughlin Loses Hallmark Channel Roles After College Scam Arrest
- Chore Whore: Adventures of a Celebrity Personal Assistant by Heather H. Howard
- Tony Robbins’ Netflix Documentary I am Not Your Guru
- Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins
Me on Instagram: carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Breanna on Instagram: breanna.was.here
Breanna on Twitter: MrsBreButler
If you enjoyed this show, it would mean so so so much to me if you could rate, review, and subscribe in apple podcasts.
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.