Welcome to episode 026 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
A real quick note: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- What C and B have been reading lately – The Blue Zones for Bre and Maid for Carrie.
- A new digital Bachelor spin-off show featuring Tanner and Jade, Ashley I. and Jared, and Nick and Dean.
- FOX is making their own (seemingly trashier) version of Bachelor in Paradise called “Paradise Hotel” with Kristin Cavallari as the host.
- The NFL draft in Nashville, which Bre – of course – uses as a way to talk about Taylor Swift dropping new music. C tells B about number #1 pick, Kyler Murray, and him being picked in the first round of both the MLB and NFL draft.
- Bre gives us hype for the upcoming GOT episode, and Carrie wonders if the whole country is brain-washed over this show.
- In the Learning Lately segment the girls discuss how striving so much for happiness can actually make you unhappy.
- Carrie shares a story about an expected moment that is now one of her fondest memories in life.
- The girls answer a question about having a healthy balance of planning AND action to accomplish a goal.
Mentioned in this Episode
- The Blue Zones by Dan Buettner
- Maid by Stephanie Land
- Evicted by Matthew Desmond
- Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance
- Rose Buds
- Paradise Hotel
- Mark Manson
- Stop Trying to Be Happy
Me on Instagram: carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Breanna on Instagram: breanna.was.here
Breanna on Twitter: MrsBreButler
If you enjoyed this show, it would mean so so so much to me if you could rate, review, and subscribe in apple podcasts.
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.