Welcome to episode 027 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
A real quick note: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Carrie and Bre start the show with an awesome update on the dumpster puppies.
- Carrie celebrates the fact that the newly crowned Miss. USA is a Charlotte girl, but also brings up the recent school shooting at UNC-Charlotte.
- This leads the girls to a discussion about a new Florida law that would enable teachers to be armed with firearms.
- The show is briefly interrupted when Bre spots a spider in her house. Carrie comes to the rescue and Bre’s panic attack subsides.
- C and B talk about the eye opening documentary What the Health.
- The recent drama with Teen Mom star Jenelle Evans frustrates Carrie and causes her to wonder why society gives certain people a platform to be famous.
- The girls talk about learning to prioritize their health.
- C and B answer a question about the struggles of being plant based while living in a America’s Dairyland.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Dumpster Puppies
- Miss North Carolina crowned Miss USA
- Shooting on UNC-Charlotte campus
- Florida Law Allows Classroom Teachers to be Armed
- What the Health (Netflix)
- Jenelle Evans’ Husband shoots their dog
Me on Instagram: carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Breanna on Instagram: breanna.was.here
Breanna on Twitter: MrsBreButler
If you enjoyed this show, it would mean so so so much to me if you could rate, review, and subscribe in apple podcasts.
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.