Welcome to episode 039 of the Candidly Speaking podcast! This was my first time recording an interview remotely, so my audio is a little scratchy at times (sorry about this!). I’ll get it figured out and fixed for my next interview. Thanks for your understanding! 🙂
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Jennifer shares how she got started as an organizational coach, and when she realized organizing is an inner job deeper than just buying some bins.
- She tells us how she re-trained her thinking around the obligation of getting gifts for people AND receiving gifts for holidays like Christmas and birthdays.
- Jennifer tells us about taking the leap and starting her own organizational business after getting her masters in accounting.
- Carrie and Jennifer chat about the comparison trap and how it can lead to us unconsciously buying and consuming more things.
- Jennifer shares how she handles clients who want a quick-fix.
- Carrie asks Jennifer how she believes Marie Kondo has shaped the “tidying” landscape today
- The pros and cons of owning your own business
- Carrie and Jennifer talk about taking the principles from organizing and how they can be used in other areas of our lives, like health, wellness, and finances.
- Jennifer shares some of her goals and projects on the horizon for her business.
Mentioned In This Episode:
- Ep 014: Gaby Hazelhoff : Standing for What You Believe In
- Marie Kondo
- Melissa Ambrosini
- Mastering Your Mean Girl
- Open Wide
- The Gold Digger Podcast: Melissa Ambrosini | How to Ditch Self-Doubt and Live Your Best Life
Me on Instagram: carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Jennifer on Instagram: @thejenniferburnham
Jennifer’s Website: www.jenniferburnham.com
If you enjoyed this show, it would mean so so so much to me if you could rate, review, and subscribe in apple podcasts.
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.