Welcome to episode 046 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Carrie (@carrie.gillaspie) is excited to welcome Yogi, Artist, and all around creative badass Sydney Duarte (@traveling_gypsy) to the show!
- They start with Sydney telling us about herself now and then work backwards to figure out how all the pieces have fit together.
- She tells us about growing up a curious and artistic child in Kentucky, studying to be a vet and how she found out it wasn’t the career for her.
- She opens up about being a mother-figure to her brother while he was growing up, and about her job and life in the corporate world working in nuclear and environmental engineering.
- Sydney tells us about how she started her yoga journey and the girls laugh over some of the silly preconceived notions about yoga.
- Sydney tells us about how she made the tough decision to quit her job and travel the world for 2 years, and Carrie, of course, asks which country was her favorite out of the (39!) she’s traveled to.
- Sydney talks about growing her tribe on instagram and getting organic publicity about her business and her mission.
- Carrie wants the details on Sydney’s latest mural creation in Charlotte, and where she finds inspiration for her art.
- Sydney gives us the inside scoop on what’s on the horizon for her, including a fun international mural opportunity, a travel show, and a book!
Me on Instagram: carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Sydney on Instagram: @traveling_gypsy
Sydney’s Website: www.thetravelinggypsy.org
Sydney’s Art Instagram: @duarte_designs
If you enjoyed this show, it would mean so so so much to me if you could rate, review, and subscribe in apple podcasts.
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form