Welcome to episode 047 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- They start the show with Brooke telling us about her childhood and how being an introvert lead to her falling in love with music.
- Brooke tells us about going to college at Mizzou
- Her first couple of internships on-air including NPR, Clear Channel – now IHeart Radio – in St. Louis, and Power 106 in Los Angeles, California.
- The girls talk about all the possibility of having a truly muli-faceted career in media.
- Brooke tells us about chasing her dream in radio, while also taking part time work in retail to make ends meet.
- Carrie asks Brooke about the pros and cons of having non-traditional work hours
- And About some of the mentors that have helped her along the way.
- Brooke gets real about the highs and lows of this industry
- And shares a fun story about one of her favorite celebrity interviews.
Me on Instagram: carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Brooke on Instagram: @iambrookemorrison
Brooke’s on Twitter: @onairbrooke
Brooke on iHeart Radio: Brooke Morrison on Y100
I want to give you free stuff!
If you enjoyed this show, and take the time to rate and write a review in apple podcasts. I want to thank you! As a token of my appreciation I’m going to send you my Beginners Guide to a Toxic-Free Home completely FREE! This guide is packed full of information about all the hidden areas in your home where harmful toxins are hiding out! I also give recommendations for the non-toxic products I use in my home and love.
All you have to do is screenshot your review in Apple Podcasts, and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll be back in touch soon to e-mail you your freebie!
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form