Welcome to episode 053 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Fashion Insider and stylist Stacee Michelle (@itsstaceemichelle) joins Carrie (@carrie.gillaspie) to share her incredible story wth the Candid Crew.
- Stacee tells us about growing up as a tom boy and how she eventually embraced her girly side and got interested in fashion.
- She opens up on her college experience, interning in New York City with Tommy Hilfiger, and helping with styling celebs like John Legend, Bar Refaeli, and Diane Kruger.
- Stacee tells us about her time being a retailer buyer and getting laid off at the same time as being a finalist for E!’s Style Contributor.
- Carrie asks Stacee about her favorite fashion trends that have stood the test of time,
- How we can express ourselves through our fashion choices,
- And how she determines and stays true to her personal style while dressing other people.
- The women chat fast fashion, the iconic Devil Wears Prada quote about the “blue sweater”, and how to stay on trend without breaking the bank.
- Stacee gives us her opinion on the so-called “rules of fashion”
- Carrie wants the deets on what it’s like being a celeb stylist.
- Stacee tells us about her style icons and her dream interviews,
- And gives us the advice she’d give her younger self, and tells us what’s on the horizon for her in the future
Want your next coffee to be on me?
Head to apple podcasts and leave a rating and write a review. Each month the Candidly Speaking team will be picking one lucky reviewer to be the “review of the month”. You’ll get a special shout out on an episode just like this AND we’ll send you a $5 Starbucks gift card. It’s that simple.
Head over to apple podcasts and drop your review right now!
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Stacee on Instagram: @itsstaceemichelle
Stacee on Twitter: @staceemichelle
Stacee’s Website: www.stacee-michelle.com
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.