Welcome to episode 055 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Swoon Senior Editor Taylor A. Mead (@tayloramead) joins Carrie (@carrie.gillaspie) to share her story with the Candid Crew!
- Taylor tells us about growing up in Connecticut
- her creative tendencies as a child
- choosing to attend Fordham University for college.
- We hear about some of the amazing opportunities attending a school in the heart of New York City provided her, like scoring internships at Inside Edition, Marie Claire Magazine, and ELLE.com.
- Taylor opens up about navigating life post-grad,
- being happy in her career, but ultimately making the decision to leave the city and move back home,
- falling back in love with the city after taking the time to recalibrate.
- We hear all about Taylor’s experience writing about home decor at House Beautiful, and food at Delish, and her current gig as the Senior Editor at Swoon, Odyssey’s dating and relationships platform.
- Carrie and Taylor chat about what an exciting time it is to be in media, how it’s changing, how it has the power to connect us all and make the voices of others be heard.
- Taylor tells us what a typical day is like for her
- shares her advice for others who dream of having a space in the media realm
- tells us whats on the horizon for her in 2020 and beyond.
Want your next coffee to be on me?
Head to apple podcasts and leave a rating and write a review. Each month the Candidly Speaking team will be picking one lucky reviewer to be the “review of the month”. You’ll get a special shout out on an episode just like this AND we’ll send you a $5 Starbucks gift card. It’s that simple.
Head over to apple podcasts and drop your review right now!
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Taylor on Instagram: @tayloramead
Taylor on Twitter: @tayloramead
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.