Welcome to episode 056 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Blogger and Communications Manager for Cantu Beauty, Melissa Chanel (@melissachanel) joins Carrie (@carrie.gillaspie) to share her story with the Candid Crew!
- Melissa tells us about her childhood growing up in small town South Carolina,
- how a friend talked her into starting a blog,
- how she found herself living in New York City for 3 years
- why she made the move back home to the South.
- Carrie is curious how Melissa’s family reacted to her leaving her full-time job to blog
- the ups and downs of building a community from the ground up
- how she turned a one-off opportunity with Cantu Beauty into a full-time gig.
- Melissa gives us an inside look into what content creation is really like
- how she manages keeping her creative juices flowing while working full-time with Cantu.
- We get the deets on Kicks & Fros and on some of Melissa’s all time favorite sneakers
- her tips for cultivating your own style
- some of her dream collaborations
- what’s on the horizon for her for 2020 and beyond.
Want your next coffee to be on me?
Head to apple podcasts and leave a rating and write a review. Each month the Candidly Speaking team will be picking one lucky reviewer to be the “review of the month”. You’ll get a special shout out on an episode just like this AND we’ll send you a $5 Starbucks gift card. It’s that simple.
Head over to apple podcasts and drop your review right now!
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Melissa on Instagram: @melissachanel
Melissa’s Website: www.melissachanel.com
Kicks & Fros Instagram: @kicksandfros
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.