Welcome to episode 059 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Publicist, Influencer Strategists, and Public Relations pro Katherine McDermott (@katherinesmcdermott) to the show.
- Katherine tells us about what she was like as a child
- how her #3 enneagram manifested itself in achieving academically in school
- her initial plan in college to become a marine biologist
- then switching gears to public relations.
- She opens up about struggling to transition from college to real life in her first job post-grad,
- deciding to quit her corporate job and grow her blog
- scoring a job being the director of marketing for HGTV’s Property Brothers
- then starting her own business and working for herself.
- Katherine gets candid and honest about how miserable she was working for herself, despite her success in it
- getting a call from her former boss and gleefully jumping back into her corporate job.
- Katherine shares what she learned from running her own businesses
- what she’d do differently if she ever gave it a go again
- her advice for those interested in working in PR, and those thinking about working for themselves.
- We end the show running through some random fire questions.
Want your next coffee to be on me?
Head to apple podcasts and leave a rating and write a review. Each month the Candidly Speaking team will be picking one lucky reviewer to be the “review of the month”. You’ll get a special shout out on an episode just like this AND we’ll send you a Starbucks gift card. It’s that simple.
Head over to apple podcasts and drop your review right now!
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Katherine on Instagram: @katherinesmcdermott
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.