Welcome to episode 060 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Carrie welcomes Interior & Architectural Photographer Molly Goodman (@molgoodman) to the show!
- Carrie asks Mol what it was like growing up in Southern California
- How she caught the entrepreneurial bug
- Mol shares what it was like spending a lot of her childhood in Italy, and how it inspired her to study food and wine in college.
- She tells us about getting her first job out of college and quitting soon after to take up something she’d never really done before – photography.
- Carrie is curious to hear about how Mol grew her clientele in a crowded market like Southern California
- Mol shares how she eventually niched down to interiors and architecture and really started thriving in her business.
- We hear some of the realizations Mol is having during COVID-19
- She shares some of the ups and downs of owning her own business.
- Finally, Carrie asks for Mol’s advice to others who want to pursue something other than what they went to college for
- We finish the show with a few fun rapid fire questions.
Want your next coffee to be on me?
Head to apple podcasts and leave a rating and write a review. Each month the Candidly Speaking team will be picking one lucky reviewer to be the “review of the month”. You’ll get a special shout out on an episode just like this AND we’ll send you a Starbucks gift card. It’s that simple.
Head over to apple podcasts and drop your review right now!
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Mol on Instagram: @molgoodman
Mol’s Photography Website: MolGoodman.com
The Get Going: TheGetGoing.Online
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.