Welcome to episode 062 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Carrie comes back to the show after a brief hiatus.
- She gives her perspective on race growing up in a small, rural town in Central Wisconsin
- traveling to other parts of the country as a young child
- moving to Milwaukee for college and seeing first hand the disparities and segregation in the urban areas of our country.
- She tells a story about her travels in SE Asia and how she first internalized the struggles of others.
- She ends the show with giving her suggestions with how to be better ally to people of color.
- Resource list to check out: RESOURCES
Want your next coffee to be on me?
Head to apple podcasts and leave a rating and write a review. Each month the Candidly Speaking team will be picking one lucky reviewer to be the “review of the month”. You’ll get a special shout out on an episode just like this AND we’ll send you a Starbucks gift card. It’s that simple.
Head over to apple podcasts and drop your review right now!
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.