Welcome to episode 063 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Carrie (@carrie.gillaspie) is excited to welcome NASCAR Pit Reporter Kim Coon (@kimmycoon) to the show!
- Kim tells us about growing up in Orlando, Florida (hint: she did not go to Disney World every weekend), what she was like as a child, her initial interest in Sports Journalism, and deciding where to attend college.
- She gives us the details on being a part the dance team in college, narrowing her journalism focus, and scoring an amazing internship with a Hollywood production company.
- Carrie is curious to hear about her time working at FOX Sports Florida AND about deciding to go to grad school at Alabama.
- Kim tells us about moving to Charlotte, getting her first job in NC, joining the dance team for the Carolina Panthers, and scoring a gig as Miss Spring Cup.
- Carrie and Kim both laugh about how bad they initially were on the mic when they started their careers, Kim gives her advice to people wanting to be in the broadcast business, and they end the show with some fun quick hitting questions.
Want your next coffee to be on me?
Head to apple podcasts and leave a rating and write a review. Each month the Candidly Speaking team will be picking one lucky reviewer to be the “review of the month”. You’ll get a special shout out on an episode just like this AND we’ll send you a Starbucks gift card. It’s that simple.
Head over to apple podcasts and drop your review right now!
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Kim on Instagram: @kimmiecoon
Kim on Twitter: @kimmiecoon
Kim’s Podcast: Glass Case of Emotion Podcast
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.