Welcome to episode 066 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Carrie (@carrie.gillaspie) is excited to welcomes TV host, producer, and entrepreneur Alex Wehrley (@alexwehrley) to the show.
- Alex shares where she grew up and what she was like as a child, how she first caught the TV bug, going to college at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, taking part in the Miss. Wisconsin pageant and winning!
- She tells us about starting in local news after serving her year as Miss Wisconsin, working in Rockford, Illinois, Oklahoma City, and Dallas, taking the leap to head to Los Angeles and getting regular work with outlets like E! News, abc.com, Yahoo!, and more.
- Carrie is curious about Alex’s road to becoming an entrepreneur, how she manages running her business – Empowerista – while also maintaining her hosting career.
- Alex tells us about her latest digital product – Confidently on Camera – that teaches you how to be authentically yourself on camera, and Carrie wants to know how Alex and her husband, Charlie Berens of the Manitowoc Minute, balance marriage and life with two booming careers.
Want your next coffee to be on me?
Head to apple podcasts and leave a rating and write a review. Each month the Candidly Speaking team will be picking one lucky reviewer to be the “review of the month”. You’ll get a special shout out on an episode just like this AND we’ll send you a Starbucks gift card. It’s that simple.
Head over to apple podcasts and drop your review right now!
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Alex on Instagram: @alexwehrley
Alex on Twitter: @alexwehrley
Alex’s Podcast: Empowerista Podcast
Alex’s Website: www.alexwehrley.com
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.