Welcome to episode 072 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
In This Episode:
- Carrie welcomes her friend Shannon and her wife, Megan, to the show to share their experiences being a lesbian couple.
- We start the show with Shannon and Megan telling us about where they grew up and what they were like as a child, having trouble fitting in and expressing themselves as adolescents.
- They open up about their experiences coming out to their families and their peers.
- They talk about how the Black Lives Matter movement has encouraged them to get more involved in their LGBTQ+ community.
- Megan tells us about some of her worries about “looking” more gay, compared to Shannon who doesn’t “look” gay.
- They share some of the ups and downs of their relationship, making it through Megan’s accident and transition to a wheelchair, their emotions when gay marriage was finally legalized, and getting married.
- Shannon and Megan reflect on ways we can be better allies for the LGBTQ+ community.
Want your next coffee to be on me?
Head to apple podcasts and leave a rating and write a review. Each month the Candidly Speaking team will be picking one lucky reviewer to be the “review of the month”. You’ll get a special shout out on an episode just like this AND we’ll send you a Starbucks gift card. It’s that simple.
Head over to apple podcasts and drop your review right now!
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.