Welcome to episode 083 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
I am so excited to share this incredible and fun conversation with you all, Candies! Kat and I met through a mutual friend back in January 2020 when I was in Los Angeles taking some meetings for TV work. It’s a small world because she actually went to high school with my husband, Casey. She’s a midwest girl in the creative/entertainment industry so we hit it off right away and I knew she’d be a great guest that ya’ll would love to hear from.
I love her outlook on your career being a journey rather than a destination and how each step is important to get you to the next opportunity.
Please enjoy my conversation with Katrina Kuss.
In This Episode:
- The show starts with Carrie wanting to know how much Katrina loves living steps from the ocean in Hermosa Beach.
- Kat tells us about growing up in Omaha, Nebraska, moving to Chicago for college at DePaul University, knowing she wanted to be in front of or behind the camera.
- Kat shares about her first job out of college doing set design for a feature film, and important things she learned from it.
- Carrie and Kat discuss why they feel women have a hard time advocating for themselves in the work place, and Kat tells us about moving to LA without a job.
- Carrie tells us what she finds so magical about Tinseltown, and is curious if Kat ever wants to get back in front of the camera.
- Kat tells us about her job as a producer for the Hallmark Channel’s morning show, Home & Family, and how things have changed in a Corona world.
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Katrina on Instagram: @katrina.kuss
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.