Welcome to episode 090 of the Candidly Speaking podcast!
Reminder: you can now listen to the Candidly Speaking podcast on Stitcher and Google Play! YAY!
I am so excited to share this incredible and fun conversation with you all, Candies! Larissa and I met when I was asked to film a segment about my spay and neuter clinics for the Hallmark Channel’s morning show – Home & Family.
As two huge animals lovers, it’s not surprising that Larissa and I bonded right away. I knew I had to get her on the show to share her message of animal rescue, but also share how she was able to turn her passion into her career.
Please enjoy my conversation with Larissa Wohl.
In This Episode:
- Carrie asks Larissa about her childhood growing up in Los Angeles, CA and when her love for animals started.
- Larissa tells us about reluctantly leaving LA for college and then leaving California to start her on-air career.
- About taking a position off air in order to get back to Los Angeles, and keeping her vision being on-air and helping recuse animals in the back of her mind, and how she eventually got the shot at her dream job.
- Carrie and Larissa discuss how far rescue has come and the role education plays in re-shaping the way people view rescue animals.
- Larissa shares her proudest moment working in rescue, and her advice to passionate people wanting to merge their passion with their career.
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on YouTube: Carrie Gillaspie
Candidly Speaking on Instagram: @candidlyspeakingpodcast
Larissa on Instagram: @larissawohl
Larissa’s Website: www.larissawohl.com
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me that we didn’t cover in this show or a question you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or head to my contact page and submit a contact form.