I am so excited to roll out episode #1 of the Brave Enough podcast! I have a lot of fun guests lined up for the coming weeks and I am so excited to share all these wonderful people with you all.
My first guest is none other than Chicago White Sox first baseman, (and my husband!) Casey Gillaspie!
Case and I spend this episode talking about his career as a professional athlete, and the ups and downs that go along with this crazy baseball world we live in.
In this Episode:
- Case tells us about his upbringing and family
- Gives us details about being home-schooled until High School
- When he realized playing professional baseball could be a reality for him
- What it was like being a 1st round draft pick in 2014
- What his schedule is really like in Minor League Baseball
- We discuss our decision to bring our dogs with us during the season
- Case tells us about some of the sacrifices and stresses of being a professional athlete
- I pull the curtain back on how we cope with moving 3 times per year
- Case tells us how he deals with the large percentage of failure involved in baseball
- How he deals with outside distractions from social media and unruly fans
- His recent visit to the Levine Children’s Hospital
- What he likes to do when he’s not playing baseball
- What he would be doing if he wasn’t a professional athlete
- The one thing he wish people knew about baseball players
- Case and I talk about how and when we first met and reminisce on all of the ways baseball has changed our lives
Mentioned in this Episode:
Case on Instagram: @bigcasedawg
Case on Twitter: @bigcasedawg16
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Contributing to future shows
If you have a question for Casey that we didn’t cover in this show OR if you have a question for Carrie you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or slide in my DMs!