I’m so happy to bring you episode #3 of the Brave Enough Podcast! I cannot wait for you to get to know the wonderful, talented, and driven Breanna Butler.
Breanna and I met almost 4 years ago when I started doing freelance TV hosting for the community access station she worked for. Breanna is a strong, talented, and driven woman, who found her dream job (and dream man) in her quint hometown. Trust me when it comes to Breanna: though she be little, she is fierce! She’s been such an inspiration and I know you guys are going to love her as much as I do.
Bre and I spend this episode talking about career, life, love, our fur children, The Bachelor, and everything in between.
In This Episode:
- We reminisce on how we first met
- Breanna tells us about how she got her first job in media at age 17
- The roll community television plays and it’s importance
- The influence a certain teacher had on encouraging her to pursue writing
- Breanna tells us about taking the reins at the station when her boss was diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tells us about her job, how it has evolved since the Cable Company was sold, and some of her daily duties.
- We look back on some of the memorable shows we’ve shot together
- Breanna tells us how she navigates (and thrives!) working in a male dominated field
- We both give our opinions on the #MeToo movement
- Breanna tells us about how she met her now-husband at work, how they manage working together, and how they separate work and personal life.
- Introduces us to her adorable fur-children!
- I share the story of how my husband and I adopted our Shar Pei, Lyla.
- We both share about our decision to transition to cruelty-free cosmetics and household products
- Breanna shares why the Bachelor is her guilty pleasure
- Tells us what she thinks of Becca as the lead, her favorites this season, and who she thinks might be the next Bachelor
- Breanna turns the table and asks ME about the influence social media has played in the Bachelor franchise
Breanna, her Husband Brett, and their dog, Rosie!
Mentioned in this Episode:
MCTV Program: Meet Marshfield Police Department K9 Officer Steffi
MCTV Program: Marshfield Police Department K9 Drugs Search
MCTV Program: Marshfield Police Department K9 Article Search
MCTV Program: Marshfield Police Department K9 Bite Suit Demonstration
Me on Twitter: @carriegillaspie
Me on Instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Breanna on Instgram: @bre.butler
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for Breanna that we didn’t cover in this show OR if you have a question for me you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or slide in my DMs!