I’m excited to bring you episode 5 of the Brave Enough Podcast today!
In this episode the tables get turned on ME as my husband Casey takes the chair as the interviewer and I become the interviewee!
In This Episode:
- I talk about growing up in a small town in rural Central Wisconsin
- Share what it was like growing up a tom boy, and my love for all things athletics
- My career ending injury and the heartbreak that went with it
- I talk about my relationship with my parents and how it shifted after my injury
- Leaving the small town behind for college in the big city
- The circumstances that led me to take my first trip to Asia
- I talk about the struggles of returning to college after my travels
- Deciding to get a puppy as a very unprepared 19 year old
- My second trip to Asia and my decision to leave school after it
- Leaving school and going back to Asia for the third time.
- How I unexpectedly ended up working for the same baseball team Casey played for
- Realizing I wanted to pursue a career in broadcast and returning to college to finish my degree
- My amazing internships with the Pawtucket Red Sox and WISN 12
- Case and I reminisce on how our shared struggles brought us closer
- My thoughts on the unimportance of a dating anniversary after you’re married
- We reminisce on our first couple of years as a couple navigating minor league baseball
- Case asks me about where my creative side came from, and what my career aspirations look like now
- We talk about how baseball life has forced us to chill TF out
- Case asks me about my hobbies and my general life advice
Mentioned in this Episode:
Me on instagram: @carrie.gillaspie
Me on Facebook: Carrie Gillaspie
Me on Twitter: @CarrieGillaspie
Casey on Instagram: @bigcasedawg
Contributing to Future Shows
If you have a question for me or Case that we didn’t cover in this show OR if you have a question for me you’d like to hear answered on a future show, connect with me via social media or slide in my DMs!